Boca Raton, FL
Salary Range: $85,000 - $100,000
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BBA Degree Accounting, Masters in Accounting or MBA
5-7 years of experience years in Accounting and/or Financial Reporting
Must be technically proficient with US GAAP
Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This position is responsible for the preparation GAAP and financial reporting. This includes quarterly and annual statements (yellow book), supplemental filings, MD&As, other required regulatory filings and surveys and annual audited (statutory basis) financial statements. This position is responsible for compilation of the monthly and quarterly accounting / financial close (GAAP and statutory basis)
· Anticipates and proactively provides strategies or solutions to complex financial reporting problems or trends.
· Oversee the documentation and testing of financial reporting controls and accounting policies and procedures
· Coordinate quarterly reviews and financial reporting activities
· Preparation of monthly financial reports, including consolidated financial statements and cash flow statements
· Directs the analysis and validation of financial reporting to ensure information is sufficient, compliant, accurate and reliable
· Identify, recommend and implement opportunities to make the financial reporting processes more efficient and achieve balance of timeliness and precision
· Responsible for insuring accurate financial reporting compliance with NAIC regulatory reporting
· Assist in the recruiting, onboarding and training of new incoming staff