Boca Raton, FL
Salary Range: $85,000 - $100,000
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BBA Degree Accounting, Masters in Accounting or MBA
5-7 years of experience years in Accounting and/or Financial Reporting in a property and casualty insurance company
Must be technically proficient with US GAAP
Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This position is responsible for the preparation GAAP and statutory financial reporting of an insurance company and its non-insurance affiliates. This includes quarterly and annual statutory statements (yellow book), supplemental filings, statutory MD&As, other required regulatory filings and surveys and annual audited (statutory basis) financial statements. This position is responsible for compilation of the monthly and quarterly accounting / financial close (GAAP and statutory basis)
**Statutory Financial Reporting experience MUST include preparation of all P&C Yellowbook schedules**
· Anticipates and proactively provides strategies or solutions to complex financial reporting problems or trends.
· Oversee the documentation and testing of financial reporting controls and accounting policies and procedures
· Coordinate quarterly reviews and financial reporting activities
· Preparation of monthly financial reports, including consolidated financial statements and cash flow statements
· Research on technical accounting issues related to the insurance industry
· Directs the analysis and validation of financial reporting to ensure information is sufficient, compliant, accurate and reliable
· Identify, recommend and implement opportunities to make the financial reporting processes more efficient and achieve balance of timeliness and precision
· Responsible for insuring accurate financial reporting compliance with NAIC regulatory reporting
· Assist in the recruiting, onboarding and training of new incoming staff