Vero Beach, FL
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Currently interviewing applicants for Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Under the general supervision of the Plant Manager, the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic will perform various tasks to determine operability of equipment, troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment make repairs. The maintenance mechanic will be involved in general maintenance of the facility which includes hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical installations and repairs as necessary. Assignments may be non-routine and complex in nature.
1. Read, interpret, and work from plans, drawings, and specifications, estimating materials that are needed for the task.
2. Fabrication: knowledge of different types of steel and aluminum materials, cutting and grinding methods for various materials, experience in welding with various types of gas and electric equipment and metal lathes, milling machines, drill presses, grinders, cut-off saws and shears.
3. Electrical components up to 480v
4. Hydraulic and pneumatic components: knowledge of various types of pumps and compressors & Solenoid valves, filters, and regulators.
5. Water systems: knowledge of cooling towers and chillers, water heaters and boilers. Experience in general water and sewer plumbing and separators and clarifiers for air and water service.
6. General maintenance of forklifts and pallet jacks, packaging and shipping equipment.
7. General building and grounds maintenance.
• Must be able to work in a safety sensitive environment
• Experience in manufacturing maintenance required- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the operation and repair of: electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical components, plumbing, heating and air conditioning systems, building and grounds maintenance
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and time sensitive environment
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends when required
• Good computer skills required
• Good oral and written English communication skills and ability to follow written work procedures
• High School diploma or GED
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
• Ability to wear PPE including eye and hearing protection, safety shoes
Client offers an excellent benefit package, profit sharing, company matched 401K, free uniforms plus much more!
Client is an equal opportunity employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran